“Discover your Optimal Health”
My journey as a Functional Medicine practitioner started at an early age, I was influenced by the natural home remedies of my great-grandmother, who was an herbalist and midwife. With an open-minded perspective from having grown up in Germany, my passion was ignited to blend the wisdom of natural medicine with the scientific foundation of western biomedicine. I went on to pursue my masters as a Physician Assistant, when my father died of a massive heart attack. After a decade of practicing, I realized that I was only managing chronic issues. I wanted to do more than just manage someone’s illness, I wanted to eradicate the problem and prevent it from happening again. After dealing with a long history of high blood pressure and some of the same hereditary health challenges as my family, I decided it was time to get back to my roots. In 2006, I decided to pursue my doctorate, focusing on Naturopathic Medicine. I trained, with the late, Dr. Christian Gustafson, who was one of the pioneers of Functional Medicine in the metro Atlanta area. In the middle of my training eight years ago, my mother was diagnosed with cancer, specifically, Multiple Myeloma. My training has helped me focus on lifestyle changes for her, including supplementation, herbs and nutrition. I truly believe that this is one of the reasons why she is here today. After consulting for other wellness centers for three years, I decided it was time to fulfil my destiny. I founded, Three D Wellness, where we focus on Functional Medicine. A few months later, my daughter was diagnosed with Autoimmune Thyroiditis. However, by applying Functional Medicine principles, we were able to get to the root causes and now she is in remission. My focus as a Functional Medicine Consultant, is to treat the whole person, not their disease on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. I will partner with you to discover you innate ability to achieve optimal health and renewed vitality. By blending the training of both traditional with naturopath, I have helped many people successfully find the root cause of their issues. I believe that laughter is good for the healing soul.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified Practitioner, The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Natural Wellness
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center – MS, Physician Assistant Studies (with honors)
- Clayton College of Natural Health – ND, Doctorate of Naturopathy (with honors)
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Practitioners
- Member, American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Member, American Holistic Medical Association
- Member, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member, National Association of Professional Women
- Member, Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
- Safe House Advisory Board
- Live Living Advisory Board
- Life Connection Ministries Medical Mission
Additional Information About Dr. Curtis:
Dr. Sonza is married and the mother of four children with two grandchildren. She is very active in her local community participating in community health outreaches including, Roswell day of Hope and Back to School Programs.
Dr. Sonza requires all new patients to have a primary care physician to cover emergencies and routine care and screening. She works as a functional medicine consultant in conjunction with our current health care team, not as a replacement for your primary care physician.